Sunday, July 19, 2009

Butterflies and Blooms


The quilt is done!
Applique butterfly blocks from Hatched in Africa and
Center block a Paper pieced Carol Doak design.

I spent and enjoyable day in Durban on Saturday with Liese and Cara
from Hatched in Africa.
They had a trunk show and we all had so much fun.

Also got to see the new 830/820 Bernina which has just been launched here.
It is a wonderful machine and the embroidery space is huge but I love my
machines and am very content with mine.

Now that I have one quilt done I will be loading another on the frame and
hope to have that done soon.
Until next time,
Happy sewing
Susan



2 comments:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Hi Susan. I am a quilter from the states and happened up your blog. I love the butterfly quilt! I am starting a quilting group for twelve people in which each person gets a month and the other eleven make a block for them. The person in charge of the month gets to choose color, pattern, size, etc and then we mail the blocks. I have ten signed up and thought it would be fun to have one or two from overseas. Are you interested? I'd love to hear from you.

Susan Calitz said...

Hi Missy Melissa,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Yes contact me again via my email and give me a bit more info about the group and swap.
I would love to join in.
lanz@satweb.co.za