Thursday, November 26, 2009

Help with computer

I have a new laptop which is wonderful........
except I cannot load my embroidery software.
I am posting a picture of my screen with error in the hope
that someone out there might be able to help me.


This screen pops up after the restart and request that I insert the dongle.

It is verifying the security device in the background but in the
forefront shows an error as follows:
"DATAGATHER
Can not find or run command"
I have to cancel the installation.
My technician says he has never encountered this error.

Please someone help!!

Susan

1 comment:

sewali said...

I don't have embroidery software or a dongle, but in my experience a large percentage of these sorts of problems are down to a conflict with the anti-virus software. Is it different to what was running on your old machine? You may need to add your program to a "trusted" zone, or there may be some level that the dongle is being blocked. This is just a guess, but it's the first place I'd look.