Sunday, July 13, 2008

Not much done today

Well I did start loading the next quilt top. It was not the NYE mystery. I found an old UFO made with fabric purchased from the States when I visited my baby sister Belinda in June 2003.
wow! 5 years ago already. I think I need to go back there again. She lives in Los Angeles and is a physical therapist.
The top is an attic window with cats. Sadly I discovered that my backing is too small so will have to shop for more. Will visit the local factory shop which has quite a good range of fabrics available.
Also managed to cut out 9 9" squares for a class on Tuesday. A kaleidescope quilt using a protea as my focus. The protea is South Africa's national flower. Sorry I don't have a picture. I certainly need to get up to speed with taking photos and posting them.
Will take some during the class and post. I promise!
I am also busy embroidering butterflies for a quilt using one of Carol Doak's patterns as the center block.
So much to do and so little time.
Chat again soon
Susan

No comments: